Friday, March 27, 2009

day 22

Which means yesterday was day 21, although I suspect TODAY is day 21, seeings as how I'm pretty sure I ovulated last Friday, not last Thursday.

Which is pointless babble when the point is that my day 21 ie YESTERDAY's bloods came in today, and my progesterone level was

*taruntara*

100 nmol/L.

Which, obv, would be even higher if today IS my effective day 21.

This is how it was delivered: ".....that is a very very very good level".

Also: "..the higher the progesterone the more likely a pregnancy has occured.".

I'm certain they'd not be so gleefully hopeful with most of their patients, but they know me now, and they know I'm about the only freak on their watch who isn't afraid of bad news, who relishes hopes being raised, and who wants to take everyone brave enough along for the wonderful ride that is Possibility.

So that's what she said, and 100 nmol/L is a lovely high level - and lovelier still because my (effective) day 21 result when pregnant with Daniel was a healthy 61.

So I'm happy with this. Yes indeedy, I am.

Because even if I'm NOT pregnant (because chances are, I'm NOT), that pretty little 100 means my lameass musings can now be based in fact and probability, and not just hopes and possibility.

In short, yeehaw.

Not because I AM pregnant (because, srsly)(then again, didn't I say I had a good feeling about this?)(because I did, and do. I just figured it was because I was being all proactive and shit about it all), but because now I can more effectively HOPE that I am.

If it all blows up in my face, whatever. I'll at least have had the next week to full on believe that maybe, just maybe I am.

edited to add (at which point you're all knowingly saying "ah, she's been googling", to which I reply, "YA THINK?!".

from iVillage.

...In general, the midluteal (middle of the second half of the cycle) progesterone in a non-pregnant patient is 8 to 10, but can be as high as 20 ng/ml. In a pregnancy cycle, it should be greater than 10 to 12 ng/ml to have a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome, but in general, we like to see 16 or over...

conversion factors from here.

so!

8-10 ng/ml converts to 25.44 - 31.80 nmol/L
10-12 ng/ml converts to 31.8-38.16 nmol/L, and
16 ng/ml converts to 51.88 nmol/L

OR how about we forget about all that complex shit and I show you the fucking obvious conversion instead?

Behold!

100 nmol/L equates to

*drumroll please*

31.45 ng/ml

*ta da hands followed by sweeping bow*




2005-2007© aibee