Thursday, March 08, 2007

I feel the need, the need for speedos



Baby Buns aside, did you hear the conversation going on in the background?

I'd taken Daniel to the beach for the first time ever one evening sometime in February. Dude was excited, sqeee-ing so loudly from the esplanade that he attracted an audience before we'd even hit the sand. No shit, we stood up there like rockstars, looking down at all the spectators, their faces turned our way, watching and waiting for us to make our way down the ramp and onto the beach, so I wasn't surprised when once there, someone broke from the adoring crowd and made their way toward us. "Hello", she said "Hello" I replied, and shoot me now, but god I wish I wasn't such a polite fuck because she settled in for a chat and stayed and stayed and stayed, and I totally allowed her to monopolise that special time with my boy enjoying the beach for the first time ever. I ask you, how hard would it have been to say "nice to meet you but I'd like to be able to focus on my son now, especially as it's HIS FIRST TIME!! HAVE A HEART!! GROW A BRAIN!! GO AWAY!! etc!! ". Okay, maybe not that last bit but, whatever.

and I have a lump of coal where my heart should be, apparently, because Daniel had a wonderful time, I had a wonderful time, and even clueless woman had a wonderful time, and that's what really matters, doh di oh doh doh.




2005-2007© aibee