Wednesday, May 25, 2005

baby, baby

Today, I'm nine weeks and one day pregnant, my embryo is now a foetus, and it began having brainwaves on Monday. And there I was thinking it was indigestion....

It's around an inch long, with a real neck and actual fingers. It looks so much more human now than it did a week ago, and it's already beginning to look like itself. I love thinking about how this blend of two is creating someone unique, and it delights me to wonder just how much of me I'll recognise when we finally meet.



On the one hand, I can't wait for that day, and on the other, I want this time to last forever. I know I'll be singing a different tune when I'm the size of a whale and as uncomfortable as fuck, but for now, this creating life gig is something so wonderful it defies description.

You know, I'm looking at my thumb tip right now, and I still can't believe there's a little person of just that size, hiding away in there.




2005-2007© aibee